Fondazione Palazzo Ducale Genova
Musei di Nervi
via Serra Gropallo 4,
16167 Genova Nervi
(da novembre a marzo):
(da aprile a ottobre):
sabato e domenica 12-19;
tel: 010 32313329
The Wolfson collection – the furniture, the metalwork, Gio Ponti’s and Guido Andlovitz’s ceramics and the vase by La Salamandra of Perugia exhibited in Monza in 1930 – testifies the spread of the Art Deco style in Italy which lasted through the first years of the Thirties.
In the attempt to renovate Italian art by means of a direct confrontation with international production, the First International Biennial Exhibition of Decorative Arts was established in Monza in 1923. The exhibition is divided into regional sections and presents several displays such as the dining room by Vittorio Zecchin in the Thrre Venetias section and the furniture by Ettore Zaccari in the Lombardy one. Even though they still present features of the local art, they are linked to the European artistic panorama.
L’Exposition Internationale des Art décoratifs et Industriels modernes in Paris in 1925 banished Rustic Art and decreed the triumph of Art Deco, the name actually originating from the Parisian exhibition.