Fondazione Palazzo Ducale Genova
“Welcome to the exhibition rooms of the Wolfsoniana; the works you shall see and learn about testify one of the most intense periods of change in our recent history. You shall exit the museum and the navigation of this site with questions and curiosities.Mitchell Wolfson Jr.
It is the goal of my collection: “to make people think”.
…but I’m not interested in what you think: I shall simply be happy to have stimulated the birth of an idea within you, of a souvenir, a dream”.
Wolfsoniana is the place where the selected objects of the Wolfson collection find their expositive place. The visitor who walks throuh furnitures, paintings and furnishings taht aere exposed, feels the taste of time and the importance of themes that Micky Wolfson wants to emphasize through his collection.
The arrangement of Wolfsoniana follows a chronological/thematical address. Beside the chronology of the cultural movements, of the artistic currents and stiles, they wanted to emphatize the thematics which characterize the collection:
- evolution of decorative arts,
- art of propaganda,
- international exhibits and expositions.
At woflsoniana the visitor feels and tastes the spirit of the collection in his complexity and heterogeneity.
Wolfsoniana Musei di Nervi, via Serra Gropallo 4, 16167 Genova Nervi
How to reach us (by train, by bus, by car or coach)
- By Train: from the Genoa Nervi train station enter the Park Serra Gropallo which starts from the street bearing the same name. Steps lead to the park. The Wolfsoniana is to the left of the park.
- By Bus: from the town centre catch bus n. 17 for CapoluNgo (in via Dante-corner of piazza de Ferrari, or in via Brigata Liguria-corner of via Cadorna, in front of the train station Genova Brignole). Get off in via Capolungo at the stop in front of the Gallery of Modern Art (Galleria d’Arte Moderna). Walk balk for about 200 metres: Via Serra Gropallo is on the left.
- By Car or Coach: A12 motorway Genova-Livorno. Exit at Genova Nervi. Follow the indications for Nervi. There is a paying car park next to the Genova Nervi station, at the end of Viale delle Palme. To reach the museum from there, follow the same route as those arriving by train
(October to March)
Wednesday to Sunday, 11.00 a.m. – 05.00 p.m.;
Closed on Monday
(April to September)
Wednesday to Friday, 11.00 a.m. – 06.00 p.m.;
Saturday and Sunday 12.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m.;
Closed on Monday
- phone number: 0105575595
- e-mail: email@example.com
- full 5€
- reduced 4€, read more
- joint ticket Wolfsoniana and The Gallery of Modern Art (GAM): 8€