Fondazione Palazzo Ducale Genova
The library, in thematic relationship with the Collection, consists of around 10,000 volumes, and plays a vital role in the work of the Study Centre.
A vast section is dedicated to the Futurist movement: in addition to possessing almost all the manifestos, it preserves precious manuscripts, magazines, postcards, photographs, brochures and books, such as, among others, Zang Tumb Tuuum by F.T. Marinetti (1914) with an author’s autographed dedication, Guerrapittura by Carlo Carrà (1915), Bif§zf+18 Simultaneità e Chimismi lirici by Ardengo Soffici (1919), Liriche Radiofoniche by Fortunato Depero (1934) and L’Anguria Lirica, the famous “lito-latta” by Tullio d’Albisola and Bruno Munari (1934).
Particularly significant are the sections dedicated to decorative arts, design, architecture and urban planning, as well as those relating to transport, international exhibitions and political propaganda.
The library welcomes art and architecture history students and scholars (access by appointment).
Palazzo Ducale Fondazione per la Cultura,
Piazza Matteotti 9, 16123 Genova
Wolfsoniana Assistant Curator