Fondazione Palazzo Ducale Genova
The Palazzo degli Uffici Gualino (1928) in Turin is one of the first examples of Rationalist architecture, planned by Giuseppe Pagano and Gino Levi Montalcini.
Of the furniture pieces drawn by the two architects only the small arm-chair in buxus remains. It was exhibited at the IV Monza Exhibition in 1930, a show where architecture has a space of its own next to the decorative and industrial arts.
While the two tendencies, “novecento” and Rationalism continued to confront each other in Monza, with the transfer to Milan in 1933 during the V Triennial, Rationalism prevailed in the several pavilions built in the park surrounding the Palazzo dell’Arte by Giovanni Muzio.
In the steel framed building planned by the Ligurian architects, Luigi Vietti introduced his armchair in lamellar bent wood, while during the VI Triennial at the Exhibition on Homes Gabriele Mucchi exhibited his tubular metal armchairs; the same armchairs that Luigi Carlo Daneri used to furnish the Piaggio Children’s Holiday Camp in Santo Stefano d’Aveto.